Monday, February 11, 2013

Crazy 8s

Last night I taught Juliette her first card game:  Crazy 8s.  We had so much fun and it took me back to my own childhood of endless games of cards:  Pinochle, Sheepshead, Hearts, Spades, War, BS, Solitaire...  Chen doesn't really like cards, so I've kind of put that hobby away for the past few years (aside from the occasional Beehner family get-togethers).

So when Juliette asked me to teach her a "grown-up" game, cards immediately came to mind, and the easiest game I could think of was Crazy 8s.  So we pulled out the cards and I taught her about "Clubs" and "Spades" (she already knew hearts and diamonds).

She caught on really quickly to the concept of the game and we had a lot of fun....


In true form as daughter to the girl (me) who used to win all the time despite having nary a competitive bone in my body, Juliettita got very lucky....


And kept legitimately beating me!

While she may have inherited her luck from me, I do think she got both her father's competitiveness and his natural sense of rhythm, as evidenced by the victory dance move she invented all on her own:



Great end to a dreary winter weekend.  Now I just have to teach her Sheepshead and she'll be all set to impress Grandpa Bob!


No comments:

Post a Comment