Wednesday, October 15, 2014

GRF


This past weekend the Chenhalls family once again made our annual trek to Glacier Rock Farm.  This is the fourth year we've been out there (see here, here, and here), and each year as we drive out into the Wisconsin countryside, taking in the fulsome colors of fall, I worry that it won't live up to my expectations or memories from years past.  And each year, such worries are needless.  This farm just continues to delight.

Juliette was absolutely in her element in the chicken coop and could have spent the entire visit doing nothing but chasing and holding chickens.

Magdalenne, on the other hand... falls a little more on my end of the spectrum when it comes to bird lovin'. 

Of course it didn't help that one of the turkeys got a little aggressive toward her.  No, not the white one above -- that's Jose (of course!  What else would one name a big white turkey?) -- no she got chased by this dude below whose name escapes me  -- just as Magdalenne and I tried to escape him!
Mandy, this shot is just for you, because I love you in that sick sisterly way where I try to give you nightmares:

While Magdalenne didn't love on the birds nearly as much as her sister, she did have fun with the other animals: 
(She always was more of an equine girl.)

Not to fear, we did pry Juliette from the chicken coop long enough for her to take a turn on a pony as well.

And we did the hay ride which included the traditional hay-ride selfies:


Why Magdalenne and I turn into total goofballs, I have no idea.  Must be genetic.

Many thanks for another great visit, Glacier Rock Farm!  Keep doing what you're doing!


1 comment:

  1. A) That video is hilarious in its ability to capture the different approach your girls take toward birds.
    B) I side with Magdalenne on the bird issue.
    C) Jose looks rather different than the malicious beasts haunting Eagle Heights, but you're still cruel for that picture!!!

    ReplyDelete